Social Media Coordinator
We're hiring! Come and work for the charity you love as our new Social Media Coordinator.
Help us create a vegan Britain and work for the charity that you love!
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The social media coordinator is responsible for managing the day-to-day interactions with our supporters and followers across all social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. They will create engaging content and deliver spectacular digital campaigns that promote engagement and support growth on social media. The social media coordinator will be responsible for liaising with colleagues across Viva! to promote the areas of our work. They will work alongside the PR & Marketing Manager to reach new audiences, inspire involvement with Viva!, encourage donations and help people on their journey towards veganism.
Closing date: 27 February 2019
Interviews: From week beginning 11 March 2019
Salary scale £20,000 to £23,000 pa, full time only, based in our Bristol office (initially on a 12 month contract).
Reports to: PR& Marketing Manager, ultimately the Director
- Solid understanding of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to the non-profit sector and the vegan community
- Knowledge and understanding of social media algorithms
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret social media insights to improve content and strategy
- Strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful post to using effective storytelling techniques
- Experience in building and executing social media strategy through competitive and audience analysis
- Passion for keeping up to speed with social media trends
- Flair for creating engaging social media graphics
- Excellent video creation and editing skills
- Coordinating the day-to-day running of social media accounts
- This includes responding to messages and notifications, creating and collating content, and scheduling daily updates across all major social media platforms
- Designing engaging content to build meaningful connections and encourage community members to take action
- Working with the PR & Marketing manager to implement social media strategy and ensure consistent branding and messaging is used on all platforms
- Create videos and graphics in collaboration with other Viva! departments to maximise overall exposure for Viva! through digital channels
- Coordinate and organise Viva!’s digital asset library, keeping record of copyright permissions and creating evergreen content libraries
- Build and develop relationships with celebrities, influencers, vegan businesses and agencies, including coordinating giveaways and shout-outs
- Identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate people to go vegan
- Stay informed of upcoming trends and developments to develop new and creative growth strategies, applying best practice to social media strategy
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end user experience across multiple channels
- Research and test conversion points (getting supporters and potential supporters to interact with us e.g. to donate, join, take part in an action etc.)
- Produce monthly reports on all social media activity
- Attend and live stream Viva! campaigns, festivals and other events as required
- Supply copy and content for the supporter magazine and podcast as a required
We need a highly organised, intuitive and creative individual who is passionate about creating a vegan world.
To apply please e-mail a covering letter and CV. Your CV must contain two referees, including your current (or most recent) employer who will only be contacted if you are offered the job, and your current (or most recent) salary - to Ash Bligh-Wall, Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter to include why you are vegan and why you want to work for Viva! and be our Social Media Coordinator.