Social Media Coordinator (one year contact)
Viva! is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join the busy Marketing Team. The successful candidate will oversee and manage all of our social media (inc YouTube) channels, they will create impactful and engaging content, and deliver spectacular digital campaigns that get results.
To carry out this role successfully you will have a solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms. You will have strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform using effective storytelling techniques. You’ll be able to craft videos to engage and inspire a variety of audiences. You will have knowledge and understanding of analytics and be passionate and committed to working in social media marketing.
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Good analysis skills and the ability to draw use data to influence future campaigns
- Strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet or post to using effective storytelling techniques
- Experience in building and executing a social media strategy
- A passion for keeping up to speed with social media trends
- A flair for creating engaging social media graphics
- Video creation and editing skills
This is based at the Bristol HQ.
- Manage and develop all of Viva!’s social media channels
- Plan and execute a successful social media strategy
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Manage the social media advertising budget
- Create and promote videos to promote Viva!’s work (campaigns, health, shop, food etc.)
- Develop and grow Viva!’s YouTube channel
- Produce monthly reports on all social media activity
- Building and developing relationships with celebrities and influencers on social media
- Build awareness of Viva! among the general public in the UK
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate people to go vegan
- Identify trends and insights, and optimise spend and performance based on insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Research and test conversion points (getting supporters and potential supporters to interact with us e.g. to donate, join, take part in an action etc.)
- Continuously improve by capturing and analysing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments to maximise exposure for Viva! through digital channels
- Create and implement successful email marketing campaigns using Mailchimp (training can be given)
- Collaborate with agencies, non-staff Vloggers and bloggers and other partners to promote Viva!
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist (or relevant qualification) with one or two years' experience
- We will consider graduates who have a relevant degree and are happy to provide training for the right candidate
- Excellent consulting, writing and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Fluency in English
To apply, please e-mail a covering letter and CV to Shelley Bligh-Wall, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject "Job Application – Social Media".
Your CV must contain two referees, including your current (or most recent) employer who will only be contacted if you are offered the job, and your current (or most recent) salary.
The covering letter must detail:
- Why you are vegan
- Why you want to work for Viva!
- Your work experience and how it relates to this role
The CV should include:
- Work experience
- Two work referees
- Current (or most recent) salary
- Your pastimes/hobbies
- If you have a driving licence and do you drive?
- Anything else relevant
Closing date: 20th July, 2018. Interviews: 26 and 27 July 2018.
Salary scale £18,500 to £24,500 pa, full time.