Hogwood Farm is a horrific place in Warwickshire, which houses 16,000 pigs and is one of the largest pig farms Viva! has ever seen.
The conditions for pigs there are so appalling that Viva! launched a campaign in 2017 urging supporters to TAKE ACTION.
Take a look at the sheer amount of local and national press coverage received on Hogwood so far.
Timeline of Events
- On Wednesday 24 January representatives from Viva! Campaigns visited the Animal and Plant Health Agency office in Worcestershire, where they handed in the 49,500 petition signatures collected since the initial investigation.
- On 5 July 2018, one year on from our initial investigation, investigators return to Hogwood Farm to see whether anything’s changed.
- Read Juliet’s personal account of the horrors at Hogwood Farm.
- On Saturday 11 August Viva! hosted a second Nationwide Day of Action against Tesco for failing to drop Hogwood Horror Farm.
- Representatives of Viva! Campaigns attend the IGD Awards and present Tesco executives with a combined total of 77,000 signatures to drop Hogwood Farm.
- Despite tireless efforts from Viva! and our supporters, Tesco still refuses to drop Hogwood Horror Farm as a supplier. On Saturday 24 November a peaceful demonstration was held outside two Tesco superstores in London. Thirty activists attended, along with Kay Lovelle and a giant video van.
- On 2 January 2019 Channel 4 Dispatches airs a documentary called The Truth About Vegans.
In response to the Dispatches episode 'The Truth About Vegans' the Viva! Campaigns team travelled to central London on 18 January 2019 to host a photocall outside Red Tractor HQ and Tesco. Accompanying us was a red tractor which we adorned with the loud and clear message that you cannot trust the tractor, as well as a large digital video van broadcasting shocking pig cruelty. On the day we were joined by Cath Kendall, animal rights activist and cruelty-free blogger.
How you can help
Take a look at our Take Action page.
We’re urging Tesco to drop this horror farm and we need your support to keep up the momentum. The more support we have, the more pressure we can apply. We’re campaigning to end this cruelty. Please donate today