We're hiring! Come and work for the charity you love as our new Health Campaigner.
Help us create a vegan Britain and work for the charity that you love!
Viva!Health, the health-campaigning arm of Viva! is looking for a highly-motivated individual to devise and organise health and nutrition based campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of vegan nutrition and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This is an exciting opportunity for a friendly, outgoing and positive team player to help us create a vegan world!
Closing date: 2 April 2019
Interviews: 15 & 16 April 2019
Salary scale £22,000 to £27,000 pa, full time only, based in our Bristol office (initially on a 12 month contract).
- devising and organising health campaigns
- seeking out and giving media and social media interviews (training given)
- seeking out and giving public talks
- writing – producing compelling copy for leaflets, adverts, magazines, websites, social media etc
- attending exhibitions and festivals
- answering health and nutrition enquiries from the public
- researching – a range of health topics and writing supporting materials
- sound science-based knowledge of vegan nutrition
- excellent verbal, written and visual communications
- creative with an ability to engage and motivate people
- IT and social media proficient
- self-motivated with a flexible and adaptable approach
- ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- meticulous attention to detail
Relevant past roles could include: nutritional therapist, health writer or journalist, nutritionist, dietician, campaigner, PR/marketing. Must have a science degree – nutrition/biology/biochemistry related ideal.
Email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your covering letter should detail:
- Why you are vegan.
- Why you want to work for Viva!.
- Your work experience and how it relates to this role.
- Your current (or most recent) salary.
Your CV should include:
- Education and results.
- Work experience.
- Your pastimes/hobbies.
- Two work referees.