Avocado, spinach and ‘feta’ linguine
The perfect choice for when you’re craving something healthy, yet indulgent.
Okay, so I’ve been cooking this dish for YEARS. It’s always been one of my go-to dishes, however since I’ve made the transition from veggie to vegan, I have been trying loads of new recipes so I haven’t had the chance yet to go back and veganise this personal favourite of mine.
So, when Sainsbury’s released 7 new vegan cheeses including a ‘greek-style’ feta-type cheese, I couldn’t think of a more perfect dish to trail it with!
For me, Avocado is the queen of all fruit. It adds a really creamy texture to this fresh dish and compliments the other flavours within it beautifully.
1 ½ Avocado
1 chopped garlic clove
1 cup fresh spinach
1 generous handful of fresh basil
A dash of lemon juice
- Place your linguini in a pan and bring to a light boil.
- Whilst the linguini is cooking, add the avocado, spinach, garlic, basil and lemon juice to a mixer.
- Add 2 cups of linguini water from the pan into the mixer and blend until it looks something like this: (insert pic)
- Make sure your linguini is cooked, then drain.
- Pop each serving onto plates and pour your desired amount of the avocado, spinach and basil sauce over the linguini.
- Cut ‘Greek-Style’ cheese into pieces and sprinkle on top of your dish.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do!