What we do
The free-range nature of these farmed animals hides a litany of suffering.
All farmed animals end their life at the abbatoir. Read why there is no such thing as humane slaughter.
Native to North America, the grey squirrel was brought to Victorian Britain. Today they are often persecuted.
Each year wild boar are being hunted and shot. Boars are actually for the most part gentle and inquisitive.
Viva! is an active, vivacious organisation fighting to stop cruelty and harm to animals. We rely on public donations for our campaigns and outreach.
We promote and celebrate veganism - because exploiting and killing animals is wrong on many levels. Most farmed animals spend their short and miserable lives in the filth of factory farms and are killed with sickening barbarity. We expose this abuse by secretly going inside these shameful places and filming the suffering – publicising it with nationwide campaigns that bring about change.
- Viva! also monitors the latest research from all over the world on health, and we have a very active arm, Viva!Health, showing how our diet can cause or prevent chronic diseases
- We also help people change their diet, offering reassurance and practical advice. We provide info on every aspect of going towards or being vegan. People change at their own pace, we understand that!
- Viva! also campaigns on the environmental devastation wrought by the meat, fish and dairy industries
- Viva! organises demonstrations, events and imaginative national and local campaigns
- Viva! needs your support to end the shame of animal suffering, to protect the planet and stop the killing
Viva! welcomes everyone on board! Our supporters are from every walk of life, with every type of diet but all on the same path towards a saner, wiser, kinder world.