What we do
Shot in their thousands in the Outback for a 'novelty' meat. Baby joeys are pulled from their dying mothers pouches and killed.
The Government, National Farmers Union and dairy farmers all support live calf exports. Find out what you can do to help.
In restaurants live animals are waiting to die. In tanks live lobsters and crabs are on sale to whoever wants to buy them.
In Britain ostriches are penned up, their eggs taken away and their chicks killed at one year old.
The sad life of most British pigs is one of confinment, mutilation and early death. Close Britain's pig slums!
Reindeer are gentle animals, increasingly subjected to - and stressed by - modern herding methods.
The free-range nature of these farmed animals hides a litany of suffering.
Viva! is an active, vivacious organisation fighting to stop cruelty and harm to animals. We rely on public donations for our campaigns and outreach.
We promote and celebrate veganism - because exploiting and killing animals is wrong on many levels. Most farmed animals spend their short and miserable lives in the filth of factory farms and are killed with sickening barbarity. We expose this abuse by secretly going inside these shameful places and filming the suffering – publicising it with nationwide campaigns that bring about change.
- Viva! also monitors the latest research from all over the world on health, and we have a very active arm, Viva!Health, showing how our diet can cause or prevent chronic diseases
- We also help people change their diet, offering reassurance and practical advice. We provide info on every aspect of going towards or being vegan. People change at their own pace, we understand that!
- Viva! also campaigns on the environmental devastation wrought by the meat, fish and dairy industries
- Viva! organises demonstrations, events and imaginative national and local campaigns
- Viva! needs your support to end the shame of animal suffering, to protect the planet and stop the killing
Viva! welcomes everyone on board! Our supporters are from every walk of life, with every type of diet but all on the same path towards a saner, wiser, kinder world.