Going vegan will save animals and improve your health and energy
30-Day Vegan Takes Over from Veganuary
The hugely successful Veganuary campaign – an invitation to people to try going vegan for the month of January – has been followed up by Viva!’s 30-day Vegan. With no date limits, this new Viva! campaign offers non-stop support to everyone who wants to try changing their diet. It’s free and all they have to do is sign up.
“Meat eating has finally started to fall dramatically,” says Juliet Gellatley, Viva!’s founder and director, “with YouGov reporting that a quarter of all Brits have cut their meat consumption over the last year – and a further one-third are willing to consider the prospect. Meat Info confirm the trend, reporting that fresh meat sales have declined rapidly in the last four years – down by nearly eight per cent. This is a staggering change in British eating habits, with Veganuary, and now 30-day Vegan, feeding into that consciousness.”
A daily email bulletin will bring 30-day Vegan participants whole heap of things to make life easy. They will get recipes for:
- and TWO delicious dinner recipe options
- one cooked from scratch
- one based on supermarket convenience foods
- a nutritional tip
- a celebrity quote to inspire them
- on-line cookery demos by Viva! people – from 11-years-old to…. ancient
- a weekly shopping list - based on ingredients that might be new to them
- a link to Viva!’s FREE L-Plate Vegan guide, with dozens of read-made food ideas
- a link to Viva!’s FREE Vegan Recipe Club, with hundreds of tested recipes
- email hotline to our food and health team
- plus a dollop or two of inspiration!
“Going vegan will save animals and improve your health and energy,” adds Ms Gellatley. “So we’re saying to everyone, ‘if you love food and love life, why not give it a go? Our Viva! 30-Day Vegan team will hold your hand by offering support, hints and tips - and it’s all FREE!’”
Interest in veganism is rocketing and the latest convert is America’s highest-earning actor, the multi-award winning Samuel L Jackson. There’s now no argument that a vegan diet is healthier, kinder to animals and vital in saving the planet - and the very best place to start is by signing up to Viva!’s 30-Day Vegan.
Sign up at www.viva.org.uk/30dayvegan
For further information contact Juliet Gellatley, Jane Easton or Justin Kerswell on 0117 944 1000 (out of hours 07549 943222)
*Veganuary was organised by Matthew Glover and recipes and information by Viva!