What we do
This cruel trade of live turtles is not only an animal welfare nightmare, it is also an ecological disaster.
Badgers are under threat because of the dairy industry. Find out why and what you can do to save them!
Our Cracked campaign looks at the short lives of British hens. See our shocking undercover investigations ...
Killed at just six weeks old, chickens raised on most British farms suffer a short life of confinment.
Beef cows are bred simply to eat, get big and die. They gain weight quickly and are ready for slaughter at only 11 to 12 months old.
Dairy cows are kept in a cycle of near constant pregnancy and lactation (meaning huge stress, often leading to disease).
Crocodiles are taken from the wild confined in an unnatural habitat for the rest of their lives. Just for a novelty meat.
Britain’s favourite wild bird has been forced out of the ponds and crammed in their thousands into factory farms. No water, no life!
Viva! is an active, vivacious organisation fighting to stop cruelty and harm to animals. We rely on public donations for our campaigns and outreach.
We promote and celebrate veganism - because exploiting and killing animals is wrong on many levels. Most farmed animals spend their short and miserable lives in the filth of factory farms and are killed with sickening barbarity. We expose this abuse by secretly going inside these shameful places and filming the suffering – publicising it with nationwide campaigns that bring about change.
- Viva! also monitors the latest research from all over the world on health, and we have a very active arm, Viva!Health, showing how our diet can cause or prevent chronic diseases
- We also help people change their diet, offering reassurance and practical advice. We provide info on every aspect of going towards or being vegan. People change at their own pace, we understand that!
- Viva! also campaigns on the environmental devastation wrought by the meat, fish and dairy industries
- Viva! organises demonstrations, events and imaginative national and local campaigns
- Viva! needs your support to end the shame of animal suffering, to protect the planet and stop the killing
Viva! welcomes everyone on board! Our supporters are from every walk of life, with every type of diet but all on the same path towards a saner, wiser, kinder world.