- Viva! radio
The Voice of Europe's Largest Vegan Charity
Viva! is positively vegan and since 1994 has been campaigning to end the suffering of farmed animals. Viva! helps people reduce their meat, fish, dairy and egg intake and move towards a kind, compassionate, healthy diet. We believe that every step towards being vegan is a positive one.
Viva! is a charity that campaigns for animal rights and the benefits of veganism and with over 20 years experience, we have become the go to place for up to date information that can not only help and educate but hopefully inspire all who have taken that compassionate step towards veganism.
We have now launched our monthly Viva! podcast which is an information packed podcast dedicated to bringing you news, views and interviews in the world of veganism.
Each month we have up to date wellness information from Viva!Health, delicious recipes from Vegan Recipe Club, vegan fashion, tips, news and views.
With experts in each field, there is something there for everyone, Viva! radio is the place to go to be entertained, educated and inspired!
You can get involved, ask questions or simply just listen in at your convenience.
Don’t miss out, subscribe now!
- our exclusive interview with Game of Thrones & Ripper St actor Jerome Flynn.
- we talk with Viva! founder Juliet Gellatley in the first part of a six-part interview discussing the history of Viva!.
- our Vegan Recipe Club guest chef Bettina Bordi from Bettinas Kitchen talks us through how to make a delicious 2 minute, dairy-free chocolate mousse
- Listen to the toll on our oceans in ‘Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind’ by The Vegan Activist
- Viva!Health’s Veronika Powell shares her new findings in ‘The Incredible Vegan Health Report’
- Hear an excerpt from a video report by vegan vlogger Vegan Geezer.
- Viva! Veganista’s Hannah Kelly Price introduces our weekly, monthly and yearly Viva! Veganista competition that anyone can enter and win!
- We play 'No Beef', a potential vegan anthem by local musos Regime.
- Viva founder Juliet Gellatley meets Dale Vince, Founder of Ecotricity and chairman of the world’s first vegan football club. Forest Green Rovers, based in the town of Stroud north of Bristol.
- Kris talks to Brenden Fitzgerald, CEO and founder of Planet Protein, a vegan startup company committed to creating nutritious products that fuel active lifestyles while staying true to the planet.
- Juliet also gets some quality Green Room time with bassist/guitarist Jeremy Cunningham of The Levellers. The Brighton-based folk /alt rock group are on tour to support the 25th anniversary of their seminal album ‘Levelling The Land’
- our Vegan Recipe Club finds a marvellous green smoothie recipe from award-winning TV chef and food author Mark Reinfeld of Vegan Fusion
- Discover the sad truth about the lives of Britain’s laying hens with excerpts from VIVA’s ‘Cracked’ campaign
- Our Food and Cookery Coordinator Jane Easton is in this month’s “Meet The Team” chair...
- Learn about simple and effective activism for kindness using the “Earthlings Experience” method.
- Plus music from the Bristol band Wildflowers, and lots more.
- Viva founder Juliet Gellatley talks in depth from a qualified nutritional perspective about Why You Don’t Need Dairy. She invites you to take a deep breath, sit back and relax. What she has to share may shake a few entrenched beliefs but it’ll be worth it. (More…)
- Go behind the scenes in our regular ‘Meet The Team’ feature with film-maker and author Tony Wardle. Tony is an associate director of Viva! And also the editor of the Viva! Life magazine, which is why we call him our ‘wordsmith’. More…
- Claire Palmer talks about the Viva! ‘Cracked’ campaign and thanks many of the volunteers across the UK who’ve helped spread awareness of the terrible treatment of laying hens. Cracked shares what Viva! Discovered after going undercover to reveal once again the horrors of factory farming, this time for an animal largely forgotten by society. Claire is working on a major Viva! report into British egg farming and she talks to us about some of her findings. More…
- Dr Michael Greger, Honorary Scientific Adviser to Viva!, talks about the beneficial qualities of cinammon. His incredible global reputation is built on his founding membership of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, as well as being a physician, author, and international speaker on nutrition, food safety and public health. Currently, Michael is Director of Public Health and Animal Agriculture at The Humane Society of the United States. More…
- Hear it from the audience’s perspective as ‘Vegan Geezer’ demonstrates why his poetry readings pack in the punters. The sound quality isn’t marvellous so we’d recommend turning up the sound even more if you need to. And he has his own video channel here.
- Our “Viva! Health” section features our health campaigner Veronika Powell. This time around, she has a lot of amazingly useful information on the benefits of chai seeds. You can read Veronika’s blog here
- And we start the new year with the gift appeal of our first Viva! Shop product reviews. You can browse the online shop any time.