Wine and Dine
Tropical Banana Fritters 1000 Classic Vegetarian Dishes
- 100g/4oz desiccated coconut
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 75g/3oz light brown sugar
- grated rind of one lime
- 30ml/2tbsp dark rum
- good pinch of baking powder
- oil, for deep frying
- Put a quarter of the coconut to one side.
- Mix remainder with bananas, sugar, lime rind, rum and baking powder, working well in together.
- Shape into small balls and roll in remaining coconut.
- Deep fry in hot oil for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot.