Wine and Dine
- 1 pastry case, baked blind
- 30ml/2tbsp arrowroot powder
- 225g/8oz muscovado sugar
- 75g/3oz margarine
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp salt
- 5ml/1tsp vanilla essence
- 90ml/6tbsp golden syrup
- 225g/8oz shelled pecan nuts, coarsely chopped, plus a few whole ones for decoration
- Follow Apricot Tart Pastry recipe through stages 1-3.
- Heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place pastry case in oven for 5 minutes, lined with dried beans so it doesn’t puff up.
- Allow to cool and put aside.
- Meanwhile, mix arrowroot with sugar then add fat and mix to a cream.
- Add salt and vanilla essence, then stir in golden syrup.
- Add chopped pecan nuts, then pour mixture into pastry case and decorate with the whole nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool before slicing.
Viva!, 8 York Court, Wilder Street, Bristol BS2 8QH, UK
T: 0117 944 1000 F: 0117 924 4646 E: firstname.lastname@example.org