Wine and Dine
Indonesian Rice Noodles
- 45ml/3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 55g/2oz ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2-3 spears lemon grass, trimmed and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 110g/4oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- 570ml/1pnt strong vegetable stock
- 2-3 leeks, trimmed and sliced in to chunks
- 2-3 courgettes, trimmed and sliced in to chunks
- 1 very small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 255g/9oz vermicelli rice noodles
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat sesame oil in large saucepan, add chilli, ginger root and garlic and cook over a low heat for a moment.
- Add lemon grass, carrots and mushrooms. Cover and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock, leeks and courgettes, cover and simmer for further 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in vermicelli, cover pan and turn off heat. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Stir in lime zest and juice and salt and pepper.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle with coriander leaves. (Delicious served warm or cold)