Wine and Dine
Jerusalem Artichoke Sauté 1000 Classic Vegetarian Dishes
- 450g/1lb Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed and sliced
- 90ml/6tbsp vegan margarine and oil, mixed
- 2 bananas, not too ripe, peeled and diagonally sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g/4oz unsalted peanuts
- grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lettuce leaves
- mustard and cress
- 30ml/2tbsp chopped parsley
- Boil artichokes in water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat margarine and oil in a shallow pan and fry (sauté) the artichokes and bananas for 2-3 minutes, then add onion, peanuts, lime rind and juice and toss well. Season to taste.
- Serve on bed of lettuce leaves, mustard and cress. Garnish with parsley.