Quick & Easy Veggie Cooking
Tabouleh Salad The Classic 1,000 Vegetarian
20 minutes total – you can chop the veggies while the bulgur is soaking.
And if you want it with falafels, they can warm up in the oven while you’re
making the salad. Result!
A fresh & tangy Middle-Eastern salad that is particularly good with falafels
or veggie kebabs. It’s even more delicious if made a few hours beforehand
and allowed to marinate in the fridge.
- 175g/6oz/1½ cups Bulgur wheat
- 325ml/11fl oz/1⅓ cups boiling water
- 5ml/1 tsp salt
- 45ml/3 tbsp olive oil
- 45ml/3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- Good handful parsley, chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp mint, chopped
- 10ml/2 tsp chopped coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cucumber, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- Handful of black or green olives, according to taste
- Put bulgur in bowl & pour on boiling water.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir.
- Cover and leave to stand for 20 minutes or until it has absorbed all water
and is soft.
- Drizzle oil and lemon juice over bulgur.
- Add herbs and good grinding of black pepper.
- Add veggies and mix in.
- Toss well, cover and chill for as long as possible.
- Stud with olives and serve.