Quick & Easy Veggie Cooking
Butter Bean, Sweet Red Pepper and Basil Spread Low Fat, Low Sugar
Good on crostini, toast, rice cakes, oat cakes…or as a dip with veggie sticks.
- 425g/15oz can butter or lima beans
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 sprigs basil
- 1small sweet red pepper, deseeded and very finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse beans under cold water.
- Put in a food processor or blender with lemon juice, garlic and basil and whiz to a purée.
- Mix in sweet pepper and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.