Quick & Easy Veggie Cooking
Coconutty Sweetcorn & Red Pepper Soup Easy Vegan Cooking
25 minutes: 5-10 minutes preparation, 15 minutes cooking
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tsp powdered ginger
- 850ml/1½pints/2 cups water
- 225g/½lb fresh, frozen or tinned sweetcorn
- 115g/4oz/½ cup creamed coconut, chopped or grated
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in oil for a few minutes.
- Add red pepper and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes longer.
- Add ginger to pan and stir well. Pour in water and bring to boil.
- Add sweetcorn and creamed coconut. Add seasoning to taste.
- Cover pan and simmer for a few more minutes before serving.