Are you vegetarian or vegan and committed to helping create a veggie world? Then Britain’s leading campaigning vegan organisation, Viva! has an exciting position for you.
How to Apply:
Please send a Send CV with a letter of application including how long you have been vegetarian or vegan and why, why you are suited to this post, why you want the role along with two referees and examples of your work (and/or links to your work) to:
Rhiannon Buck, Viva!, 8 York Court, Wilder Street, Bristol BS2 8QH. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Aug 25, 2014
Working on the ongoing development and redesign of all of our websites (Drupal 6 and 7).
This is a new role so can be shaped to fit the skills of the applicant. It could be very broad and varied role if desired, or narrowly focused entirely on Drupal development if preferred.
Full-time and part-time applicants considered, with four weeks holidays pa, plus bank holidays and usually five days at Christmas. You will be based at our Bristol HQ. Salary up to £22,000 pa (pro rata if part time) depending on experience.
- Build & maintain websites using Drupal.
- Drupal relevant HTML and CSS to create/edit web pages.
- Drupal relevant PHP and MySQL.
- Work independently and problem solve alone if required.
- Work effectively as part of a team and communicate effectively with (the very friendly) Viva! staff members.
Other advantageous (but not required) skills/attributes
- Knowledge of current web-design, SEO and usability trends and techniques
- Video/audio editing experience
- Animation and illustration
- Ability to build Flash Games, Facebook or Phone Applications
- Ability to Hand Code with HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with the Adobe suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks, Flash)
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop D6 & D7 websites and keep them up and running correctly
- To administer Drupal updates
- Add new content to the websites (some non-Drupal sites)
- Work as part of a team with Viva! staff
Other duties which could be added to the role:
- Deal with web related enquiries from staff members and web users
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility on Macs and PCs
- Train staff in using the websites
- Sell advertising space and account manage web advertisers
- Upload documents to online publishing websites
- Design Viva! materials (masks, DVD sleeves etc.)
- Keeping Viva!’s profile up-to-date with online fundraising (eg. JustGiving.com)
- Buying and renewing domain names and web hosting
- Taking PDF guides (and other materials) and adding them to the sites as HTML web pages
- Sending and building email newsletters and press releases (eg. Using MailChimp)
- Maintaining Viva!’s social networking profiles (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Working with web volunteers
- Working at events (eg. Roadshows www.viva.org.uk/roadshow)
- Monetising the Viva! web portfolio without sacrificing brand/site credibility or information dissemination
- Using Google Analytics to measure success of sites and steer future design/development