Home | Recipes | Foie-gras free Christmas | Save Turkeys | Save Ducks
Cracking Christmas Comps! | Send our e-card | Food shopping list | Donate to Viva!
Helen’s Cream 'Not Cheese' and Cranberry Parcels
A real delight as a starter for your Christmas table.
¼ tub vegan 'cream cheese' like Toffutti
225g/8oz packet fresh or frozen filo pastry
25g/1oz vegan margarine, melted
30ml/6tsp cranberry sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Take 3 sheets of filo pastry at a time. Cut in half so you have 10 12.5cm/4-5 inch squares. Take one square and brush with a little melted butter or margarine. Place another square on top at an angle, and brush again. Do the same with a third sheet.
- Place a teaspoon of cream 'cheese' in the middle of the filo pastry and top with a teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Bring the edges of the pastry up together and pinch them to form a little parcel (money-bag shape). Make up the rest of the parcels in the same way.
- Brush with melted vegan margarine and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
Serve hot with extra cranberry sauce.
|Tip – try experimenting with different fillings in these little parcels – like spinach and mashed tofu with paprika; vegan pesto, cherry tomatoes and cream ‘cheese’ or garlic mushrooms for example.
Viva! Vegetarians International Voice for Animals
8 York Court, Wilder Street, Bristol BS2 8QH, UK
T: 0117 944 1000 F: 0117 924 4646 E: firstname.lastname@example.org