Home | Recipes | Foie-gras free Christmas | Save Turkeys | Save Ducks
Advent calendar | Send our e-card | Food shopping list | Donate to Viva!
Chocolate & Brandy Truffle Torte
20 minutes plus overnight chilling time
Not only is this sophisticated little number a piece of chocolate heaven, it’s also incredibly quick and easy.
Cooking oil or low-cal spray
5tbsp liquid glucose (Supercook brand available from large supermarkets or else chemists and some health food stores)
450g/1lb plain chocolate
250ml/½ pint tub soya cream (1 small tub)
75g/3oz regular Hob Nobs or similar oaty vegan biscuits
Sieved cocoa powder to decorate
Optional: raspberries or other berry fruit to garnish
- Base line a 23cm/9in cake tin with greaseproof paper and brush sides with oil or squirt with low-cal spray.
- Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin, by placing them into a bag, then sprinkle into the tin.
- Use a warm spoon to measure the glucose syrup.
- Melt chocolate, brandy and glucose in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in cream. Pour into tin and chill overnight.
- Turn out onto a large plate and dust with cocoa powder. Garnish with fruit if using.
Viva! Vegetarians International Voice for Animals
8 York Court, Wilder Street, Bristol BS2 8QH, UK
T: 0117 944 1000 F: 0117 924 4646 E: firstname.lastname@example.org