Home | Recipes | Foie-gras free Christmas | Save Turkeys | Save Ducks
Advent calendar | Send our e-card | Food shopping list | Donate to Viva!
Christmas Brandy Truffles
Makes about 25 truffles
Preparation/cooking time 2 hours
1 tub vegan 'cream cheese' like Tofutti Original Creamy Smooth or Original Creamy Sheese
454g icing sugar
345g dark chocolate
1½ tsp brandy
Dark cocoa powder
200g icing sugar
1 tbsp dried cranberries
1 tub green angelica
- Spoon vegan 'cream cheese' into a bowl, sieve in the icing sugar and beat well until smooth.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and then immerse the bowl into a saucepan of simmering water on the top of your oven. Stir with wooden spoon as it melts.
- Add melted chocolate to 'vegan cheese' and icing mixture, along with the brandy.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Now shape the mix into truffles (about ½ inch balls). Put the cocoa powder into a bowl, add the truffles and then gently shake the bowl so they become coated.
- For the topping, mix second quantity of icing sugar according to packet instructions, then spoon onto truffles individually. Create holly and ivy by cutting up the angelica and dried cranberries to form leaves and berries.
Viva! Vegetarians International Voice for Animals
8 York Court, Wilder Street, Bristol BS2 8QH, UK
T: 0117 944 1000 F: 0117 924 4646 E: firstname.lastname@example.org