Butternut Squash with Garlic-Thyme Adzuki Beans
Serves 4 | 20 minutes
This not only tastes extremely good, but the orange squash and dark red beans also make it a very attractive dish.
- Approximately 450g/1lb butternut squash - one medium sized
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin aduki beans, drained and rinsed OR 240g/9oz home-cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried
Add just before serving:
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp plain soya yoghurt per person
- 1 hot wholemeal pitta bread per person
- Harissa paste (optional) on the side - a spicy Middle Eastern condiment.
1 Peel squash and chop into medium pieces.
2 Steam for 10-15 minutes or until just tender.
3 Heat a frying pan or wok. Add the oil and when it is hot, sauté the garlic, stirring to ensure it doesn't burn - about 1-2 minutes.
4 Add the cooked squash, thyme and aduki beans. Mix in gently, coating everything in the garlic and oil mix. Keep warm but don't allow it to cook any more.
5 Serve immediately.